We love the Barcelona chair. The design is almost 100 years old and it looks as good today as it always has done. A chair truly fit for a King and Queen. We understand what makes a good Barcelona chair. A chair that will last a generation. So, without further a do I present you with our 6 Reasons Not To Buy A Cheap Barcelona Chair:
1. Reason one is the cost Think about this for a moment. How can the retailer possibly sell a quality Barcelona chair for $400-600? To sell the chair for this cost simply means many corners have been cut in the chair's manufacture. Savings have been made on low-quality leather, leather not being used on all sides of the cushion, hollow steel frame, using low-grade steel less than the recommended 12mm thickness, the cheap foam which makes the chair uncomfortable, cushion buttons which come away after a few weeks and so on. I think you get the point ;-)
2. For reason two you'll find the comfort is compromised
This is a real shame because some people will be put off the Barcelona chair altogether if they sit on one of the cheaper models. They find the cushioning to be very stiff. As with all things foam comes in many different varieties. Low-cost foam is very stiff and affords little give. The difference in comfort between a low-end Barcelona chair and ours is staggering. Your bum sinks into our soft cushions giving a very comfortable experience.
3. Reason three is longevity
How long do you expect your Barcelona chair to last? We have asked many of our customers this same question. In most cases they expected the chair to last beyond 10 years. We agree a good Barcelona chair should last 10 years and much longer. Something to ponder, how long would you expect a $500 chair to last? The answer is certainly not 10 years. From our experience, these low-end chairs begin to lose their looks within 6 months. This is the quality tipping point. Low-end furniture ages badly whereas well-built furniture ages gracefully. A good piece of furniture gains character.
4. Reason four is the type of leather and the amount of leather used for the two Barcelona chair cushions
You've guessed it, on the cheaper chairs the leather is low quality. This can be a major cost saving. Many manufacturers, in an attempt to save on costs, will either use fabric or PU (imitation leather made from plastic) on the underside and backs of the cushions.
5. The fifth reason is that our Barcelona chair is the choice of Architects and Interior Designers
This reason speaks for itself. We cannot think of a better recommendation for our furniture. These professionals understand quality and what is required in its manufacture to withstand the rigors of a commercial environment.
6. Happy customers is reason number six
A retailer which sells cheap Barcelona chairs will not have happy customers. Period. Customers who wish to possess a Barcelona chair generally err on the discerning side. They do not put up with a low-quality version of the chair. We often speak with customers who have had bad experiences with other retailers. Generally, they understand that if a chair is ridiculously cheap there has to be a good reason.